Monday, April 2, 2012

Technology in the art room

OK, fellow art educators! I am in the process of having all of my kindergarteners take photos of themselves and edit them on a website that was shown to me- Be Funky. Their self-portraits are turning out so great, that I want to get them published into a book for our school library.

The question for you is- where can I get this done fairly inexpensively? I don't want to spend a fortune since it will be coming out of my own pocket. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Has anyone done this already? How did you go about doing it?

I am also doing the same thing with my 5th graders, but I am going to take their photos, print them out and mount them on a canvas to leave at my school as a legacy project. Can printed photos be covered in Mod Podge? Or is there something else that I can use? Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Mixbook may be a good option, sometimes they run a coupon and the print in color. Neat idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely look into it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is months too late but for future reference if you sign up for shutterfly emails, about 2 or 3 times per year or more they send you a coupon for a free photo book and they are SUPER nice... you just have to pay about 7 dollars shipping, otherwise, they are 29.99 for a 20 page 8x8 hardcover and are often on sale 40% off. also, yes you can modpodge over photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the response! I actually ended up ordering my kinder books from Snapfish. I will definitely look into Shutterfly for this year, though! And the mod podge collage looks amazing for our legacy project. I would post it, but I don't have permission for the student's faces to be posted. I appreciate the help!

    ReplyDelete