Monday, June 25, 2012

PreKinder Mother's Day

For Mother's Day this year, my PreKinder students did a very simple technology project. I started out by taking a picture of their hands forming a heart shape. I loaded all of these onto my computer.

I cut posterboard for each student to create a frame for their photo. I put a basket of random trinkets on every table (sequins, buttons, beads, foam shapes, etc) along with Ayleen's Tacky Glue.

While the students worked on decorating their picture frames, I called each child up to sit with me at the computer. I opened up the photo of their hands and had each student type their name in the center of their heart. This worked beautifully for my PreK students who spend the year learning the alphabet, how to write their names, etc.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment