Wednesday, June 8, 2011

PreKinder Where the Wild Things Are

 This is one of the first projects that I did with my PreKindergarten students at the beginning of the year.

For this project, I glued 2 "googly eyes" onto a piece of paper for each of my 4 year olds.
Then I read them the book, Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. 
Our main focus with this very simple project was SHAPES. Triangles, squares, circles, ovals, rectangles, etc.  We looked at the wild things in the book and tried to figure out what shapes were used to draw them.

Then, the fun part- I put a box of markers on each table, gave each student their paper with 2 googly eyes and told them to create their own Wild Thing!


 Markers and 4 year olds- irresistible! They went to town!

I used basic school glue to glue the eyes on and found that many of the eyes fell off. Next year, I think that I might try using a craft glue and see if that works better.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment