Friday, October 19, 2012

Display Easels

This is an idea that I found originally on Pinterest.

I made these easels out of corrugated cardboard by cutting a 2 basic L shapes with my exacto knife. I taped them together with my fun duct tape.

To make them more fun, I have set it up an activity for the students to work on when they are finished with their work. They get an easel and decorate it using whatever materials they choose. The only stipulation is that they must demonstrate symmetry on the easel so that both sides are exactly the same.

My idea for these easels is that I will be using them at the end of the year for my Fine Arts Museum Night. I have around 800 pieces of art to display and I was short on space last year. I am hoping that the easels will help alleviate some of this.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! They look good, and most of the work is done for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And the best part is it keeps those early finishers busy! :)

    ReplyDelete